Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Nella forza del Signore-- (in the strength of the Lord)

Ciao tutti. Transfer news, mercy alive.

It breaks my heart to say that I am leaving my dear Vicenza and my dear, beloved Sorella Beutler. It is still a surprise and a shock. I haven't quite processed it. Sorella Beutler will be staying here in Vicenza and training again--- shout out to that lucky new Sorella! don't know who she is, but she sure will be blessed with Sorella Beutler as her trainer!-- and I am headed to.........

drum roll please.....

COMO! It's the most northern city in the mission sisters can serve in. It's right next to Switzerland and I heard that George Clooney has a home there (on Lake Como) , so consider him converted.  I've heard from everyone that it's absolutely beautiful, so I'm thrilled for that!



                                 Como, Italy




Here's my new address: 
Sorella Kelsey Baer

I literally can't even fathom leaving my sweet Sorella Beutler; she is an absolute angel who I adore with everything that I am. She has taught me so much not only as my trainer, but as my sister and my friend. I'm so grateful I'll have her for eternity! We have SO much fun together and just enjoy the heck out of each other's company. She's blessed Vicenza so much. I'm glad that they still get to have her!
And there's nothing that confirms to me more how much I love this place than the fact that I am so, so sad to leave these people, the members, new converts, everyone. Monday night, we had our FHE, which was so great and so hard all at the same time. Saying goodbye to all of our soldiers just about ripped my heart out, but I know that there's no better hands I could leave them in than Beuts'. Yesterday, I said good-bye to Kelum, which was hard. Mercy, I love that man. I can't wait until I can see him again. And last night, we had our final dinner with Lilly. That woman will change the world, because she's already changed mine. She is someone so dear to me whose influence can't be expressed. I'm grateful that these relationships are for eternity, because I can't imagine saying goodbye forever. Wahoo for visits to Italy! Dopo la missione!
And in a couple of hours, I'll say goodbye to Lisa and Maria. Mercy, not prepared for that one! Or the Arbogasts! Goodness sakes, People! Vicenza has occupied my heart, how can I leave these people or this place?! I know that the Lord has people and experiences for me to love and enjoy in beautiful Como. I'm truly fortunate for the time I've had here! I invite you all (such a missionary phrase, sorry--habit) to head on over to Vicenza one day, you won't regret it! These people are GOLDEN! 

This is where we go to church in Vicenza!

Well, Beuts and I better head. We're off to grab last minute American things from the base. (Yup, I'm TOTALLY stocking up on peanut butter - arrivederci, mini-America) and then we're going to enjoy the very same Margarita pizza con mozzarella di buffala that we ate our first p-day together:) She's my priority, and I want to soak up and cherish as much time as I can with her.
My dear friends and family, "In the strength of the Lord" was our transfer vision this transfer-- (the first Sunday of the transfer you and your companion come up with a theme for your work). Beuts, the genius that she is, chose this one, and boy has it explained our work together. This transfer has been beautiful and tough for both of us. We both had some hard trials to lean on each other and the Lord for, and we had two beautiful baptisms and many miracles. Through the good and the bad, the Savior and His grace carried us. In His strength, we can do all-- be it just waking up in the morning and moving forward, or seeing miracles happen. In His strength, we can.
I've learned so much. My mission is precious to me. Vicenza is so dear to me. There's a book in a bookstore here called "Vicenza-- la citta preziosa" and that sincerely is true. This city is so precious. But you know what, it's not "arrivederci" just, "ci vediamo."
Be so good to each other. Enjoy and cherish every moment you have with those you love. The Lord blesses us with such sweet relationships and so many things to enjoy!
Con tutto del mio amore,
Sorella Baer
p.s. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment